When companies seek to expand their business, sell their business, or buy a new business, or form an important deal for cooperation, they often do not know how to do it best with the lowest possible legal, tax or financial risk, or with minimal risk of future litigation. Therefore, we offer our clients services of transaction structuring. Transaction structuring process means a legal, fiscal and financial analysis of the situation when determining future guidance and choosing the most appropriate method and scheme of implementing the transaction. The customer will receive a reasoned opinion on the underlying problems of the transaction subject matter, as well as suggestions to solve the problems; each of the proposals is considered and negotiated carefully; ultimately, the optimal solution is selected. Transactions structuring can be of three types: legal transaction structuring, tax transaction structuring and financial transaction structuring. Transaction structuring is a long and complicated process; every step of structuring requires special knowledge and skills, therefore, only professionals can implement it properly.
Legal Transaction Structuring
- Examination of the transaction from legal perspective according to the current legislation, international agreements, etc.
- Arrangement of a detailed plan of legal actions;
- Assistance in execution of the transaction documents pursuant to valid legal acts and in performing other necessary legal actions;
- Transaction security.
Tax Transaction Structuring
- Examination of the transaction from tax perspective according to the current legislation, international agreements, etc.;
- Creation and analysis of transaction tax models, selection of the optimal model;
- Advice on tax issues depending on the jurisdiction in which the transaction takes place;
- Advice on tax issues in mergers, acquisitions, liquidation of companies.
Financial Transaction Structuring
- Examination of the transaction from financial perspective according to the current legislation, international agreements, etc;
- Analysis of opportunities for financing, optimization of funding schemes;
- Analysis of assets and debt structure acquired as a result of the transaction;
- Analysis of payments size, structure, schedule;
- Advice on only special financial arrangements between parties.